Classic Formula Ford
The Classic Formula Ford 1600 Championship moved to the Historic Sports Car Club for the 2020 season and beyond.
The category, which is for cars built and raced before 1982, sits alongside the HSCC’s hugely successful Historic Formula Ford Championship for cars from up to 1971. The parallel championships mean that racing for the first 25 years of Formula Ford history is managed and organised by the HSCC.
- Race entries now open for 2021 season (8th Feb)
- HSCC reveals Brands Hatch Indy and GP circuit event (29th Jan)
- Great racing at HSCC Cadwell Park Wolds Trophy (21st Sep)
- Young guns star at HSCC Oulton Park Gold Cup (1st Sep)
- HSCC season starts at Brands Hatch (13th Jul)
The cars in the Classic FF1600 Championship are from the 1970s and up to the end of 1981 and represent a golden era of Formula Ford racing. Manufacturers like Van Diemen, Royale, Lola and Crossle set the standard at a time when Formula Ford in the UK was the ultimate proving ground for young talent from all over the world.
Class A – Cars built between January 1st 1974 and 31st December 1981 inclusive
Class B – Cars built before January 1st 1974
Classic FF ran with the BARC until 2019
2020 Cam Jackson (Van Diemen RF80)