Following the announcement by Motorsport UK of 17.03.20, informing the Motorsport community that all Organising Permits have been suspended until the 30th April 2020 due to the continuing COVID-19 Virus, we regret to inform you that both our Snetterton Jim Russell Trophy Race Meeting of 4th – 5th April and Brands Hatch Indy Race Meeting 25th – 26th April have been postponed for the foreseeable future.
For all competitors who have currently entered these events no financial transaction has taken place and your entry will be withdrawn without charge.
Accompanying the announcement were these words from David Richards, Chairman of Motorsport UK: “Clearly we live in challenging times and exceptional measures are required. The decision to suspend Motorsport UK permits on a temporary basis is not one that was taken lightly as the industry employs many thousands of people. However we have an over-riding responsibility to our members and the friends and families of our community. Furthermore, our social responsibilities extend to the broader population and the potential drain on valuable public health resources on which we are all reliant.
“We will continue to monitor developments and advise you of developments as they occur. At the moment the suspension of permits only applies to April, but we will issue further advice if we have to postpone events in May and beyond.”
The HSCC thanks you for your assistance and understanding at this time. We urge you to please act responsibly and continue to follow Government and NHS advice. We look forward to seeing you all in the future once this threat has passed.